Clinical Trials at FSLH in Utica, NY
Help Others in the Fight Against Cancer
You can be a part of important cancer research by participating in clinical trials and helping others in the fight against cancer.
Clinical trials are used to study individual effects of new treatments. The studies answer important scientific questions to help find better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.
Our Clinical Trials Program is affiliated with the State University of New York (SUNY) Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. Medical Oncologist Atul Butala, MD, is the primary investigator for the program.
Before taking part, ask the following questions:
- What is the purpose of the study?
- What does the study involve?
- How will these treatments and tests compare with the care I’d have outside the trial?
- How long with the study last?
- What are the side effects of the tests and treatments I will undergo?
- Is there an extra cost to me? Will it be covered by my insurance?
How do I get involved?
Talk to your doctor and see if you should consider participating in a cancer clinical trial.
Call us for more information at (315) 624-5705. We’ll explain the choices that are available here and throughout the country. We can also guide you to several websites, hotlines and publications to learn more about a specific trial.